Wardrobe Challenged: Please Help!

OK, should I go with the round-toe pumps?

reddress.jpg

Or the boots?
redboot.jpg

Coat yes or no?
redcoat.jpg

I’m wearing the dress to a “cocktails in historic places” get together and most people wear vintage. Like, heavy duty vintage. We’re talking pillbox hats, flapper duds and pancake makeup. So last question: do you think anyone will care if I wear this mutant ’60s look?

12 Responses to “Wardrobe Challenged: Please Help!”

1. Deborah says:

Yes, coat, especially if it’s at night. Plus it looks a bit more vintage. Shoes, not boots. Not that I’m an expert, but apparently can’t help myself anyway…
    Have a great time.

2. dress AND jacket with the shoes, not the boots. :)

3. Rose says:

the jury is in…coat and shoes, no boots!

4. Pumps and jacket. Too stylish!

5. San Diego Momma says:

Thanks! I went with all your suggestions! Luckily they were all the same!

6. Mommyrella says:

Nobody will care, just rock it. I agree with MOFM. The boots are ’60s mod, but too Nancy Sinatra. But, if you have some cute patterned tights, even sheer black with seams, it’d spice it up a bit. Is the dress red? How about hot pink, yellow, or orange textured tights with a thick beaded plastic necklace and a shiny brightly colored bracelet.(Note the orange lining in the black jacket. That’s the idea.) Go for Emo/Amy Winehouse and not Miss Havisham like the other tea ladies (pancake makeup? Eeesh.)

7. Vered says:

I agree with everyone else. Plus wanted to say that the dress is gorgeous. Love the color!

8. Steph says:

I vote for the shoes no jacket!

9. Angela says:

I like the boots. Just because I like boots. But the shoes probably work better here. Cute jacket too ; )

10. workmonkey says:

Uh, I’m going to go ahead and pass on this question. However, if you need help picking your next Nintendo Wii game, I can help out there. After successive girls-only blogs, I think you owe your male readers something to grab on to.

11. Cheri says:

I tuned in late (was on vacation), but you made the right choice!