Listen, Listen

February 23rd, 2010

Come in,” she said. “This is your home.”

And that’s how it began.

I’d come to Dr. Carolle in a last-ditch attempt to understand what was happening to me: the anxiety, the forgetfulness, the bodily changes. I had no where else to go, that’s how it seemed. Until she welcomed me home.

I entered her house in San Diego’s hilly and florific Mt. Helix area and instantly smelled one of my favorite things on this earth: bean soup. With bacon. Home indeed. Dr. Carolle greeted me in a sweatsuit, with a hug, by the soup. Have some, she said.

But I was nervous and unsure and sweaty. She noticed. “Let’s have a tour.” And so we walked through her home, which she opens up to women (and men) at physical, mental, spiritual and emotional crossroads.

But they all are one. They all are one. Woven together, body, mind, soul.

We traveled the acre her home rests on, and let the fruit trees, rose bushes, million-year boulders, and flowing water ravish us.

Things can be good. Remember where you’re from.

Zen

Zen Part Quatre

Despite the rocks and the zen and the beauty, I admit it: I had doubts. I’ve been going round and round so long in my head that there is no exit.

Where am I to go? What do I know of peace?

You are woman,” she said. “You are woman. That’s what keeps coming to me. I know you.”

And that’s how it really began.

*************************************************************

There’s so much I want to share about my visit with Dr. Carolle, and I will, I will. This week, even. But I hope you can understand: how does one encapsulate a life-changing day? I’m still working on it.

Meanwhile, here is a link to some of Dr. Carolle’s books. Who knows where they might lead you. Also, Dr. Carolle gives phone consultations. I don’t know, maybe you are me and can benefit from her wisdom.

On February 23rd, 2010, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Can’t wait to hear more about this. :-)

On February 23rd, 2010, Natalie said:

That sounds amazing. I can’t wait to hear more about it. I have anxiety too and don’t really know what to do to combat it.

On February 23rd, 2010, Mama Mary said:

Crying. Don’t know why. Maybe the bean soup, or the zen rock garden or maybe all the lines in italics. I love this woman already. Can’t wait to read more as you take a healing, insightful journey with Dr. Carolle. xo

On February 23rd, 2010, Me said:

I’m on the edge of my seat… seriously!

On February 23rd, 2010, tattytiara said:

Wow. That place looks and sounds like a deep, deep, deep breath of fresh air.

On February 24th, 2010, Laurie said:

It sounds like a wonderful and amazing day and I definitely can’t wait to hear more. Finding ways to make our lives better is a great but scary think and I’m inspired watching you!

On February 24th, 2010, Maureen@IslandRoar said:

This is so exciting. We are living vicariously thru your journey!!

On February 24th, 2010, LaJollaJennifer said:

Looking forward to reading about what you’ve learned. Inspired by your honesty and willingness to share! I hope you find peace and relief soon!

On February 26th, 2010, Kylene said:

I can’t wait to hear more about your journey with Dr. Carolle! She is such an amazing woman with a warm and loving spirit, you are in great hands. :)

On February 28th, 2010, San Diego Momma » Blog Archive said:

[…] I said in a previous post, one of the first things Dr. Carolle said to me is: “I am woman.” She told me that […]

On June 29th, 2010, San Diego Momma » Blog Archive » Before/After/During said:

[…] other things, Dr. Carolle hit the nail on the head when she drew this on a piece of paper, and […]