Interlude

There’s all kinds of things wrong here today. There’s the urinary tract infection, and the sinus infection, and the barf infection. The barf infection is particularly loathsome and detrimental to my person. And I’m not even barfing yet.

I meant to write muchly today, and as I made my way to the shower, I couldn’t wait to get out and pen my thoughts, they were so incisive and wondrous. And as I got dressed, I hurried through the buttons because my thoughts threatened to burst. I fidgeted happily as I drove the kids to their respective destinations and meant to write something genius the second I got home, but my window for feeling refreshed (9-10AM) closed, and now here I am, wordless, with my cadre of infections.

So I guess I’ll just go pee blood and wait to barf.

(I wish I could post more than two posts on a page, or get my “Previous Entries” to work so there was more to my blog today than infectious waste and maniac wildlife. Please accept my apologies. But wear gloves.)

p.s. What I wanted to write was something like this, because there’s a high wind warning in San Diego through the weekend and I love this town when the wind blows…

17 Responses to “Interlude”

1. Diane says:

Bless your heart (and your stomach, nose, and, ummm… ladybits). Can I just say, though, that even when you feel like crap and have no wondrous thought, you’re still TOTALLY worth reading! :) Feel better!!!

2. Feel better my friend! I have my gloves on. LOL

3. Oh no, I do not love San Diego when the wind blows. Not since the Cedar Fire when firefighters had to stand with houses in my backyard to save it from the inferno.

Get better soon.

4. Feel better soon! Thanks for the warning about the gloves.

5. she says:

Feel better soon! And you are funny even when you feel like crapola — that’s a real gift! One you must treasure because we all do!

Sending a big ole hug! (wearing a face mask and gloves, of course!)

6. I hope you feel better and wake refreshed tomorrow!!

7. Blognut says:

Get better, drink lots of fluids, sleep much, and jot down your ideas on a pad so you can blog about them when you feel better.

8. So sorry for your infections but man, you’re witty even when unwell.

blessings

9. stoneskin says:

My mind is always full of incisive and woundrous thoughts. My blog is not. Any tips on creating the link between the two? Hope you feel better soon.

10. bejewell says:

This is very sad. Also, gross.

Hope you’re on the mend and out there chasing the wind again soon.

11. vodkamom says:

feel better………..

12. Sorry. I think we sent the vomit faerie your way. She just left our home after a serious warning to never show her face again. I didn’t think she’d head so far south and west!

Feel better soon!

13. Pearl Wisdom says:

I hope you get to feeling better soon. It’s no consolation but I too have a miserable cold myself :(

14. Watch out for that vomit fairy…she’s a tough one to get rid of. Feel better soon, and don’t forget to puke downwind!

15. Da Goddess says:

Feel better soon, Deb! And kick the vomit fairy in the nuts when you see him.

16. Green Girl says:

Get well soon–curl up with a book!