I’m Home

October 20th, 2008

DSC_0097.JPG

(I took this picture from my plane with my eyes closed. No need to remind myself that I was 39,000 miles up in the air.)

Thanks so much for your prayers and good thoughts! I’m home and that means I actually got on a plane twice. TW-ICE.

Thanks to my guest posters, too, who I’ll index for you in the next few days, so you can go back and read the goodness.

But meanwhile, here’s a few pics. A full trip report is on its way! Right after I sober up!

DSC_0014.JPG

This is my bro, Marky, and his spectacular girlfriend, Jill, on my first night in New York. We went to a tapas place in Brooklyn Heights.

DSC_0012.JPG

This is me and Kizzie at the aforementioned tapas place. Kizzie is cool. I like her. I have no idea why I look demented.

DSC_0047.JPG

This is Jill, me, and my best friend from Chicago, Lis, in Times Square. Jill took us all around New York for days. Lis and I could barely walk after the first hour. Lis even put socks on with her flats. And she never does that. I wore brown, more comfortable flats with my decidedly predominantly black outfit. And I never do that. So. I’m just saying: Jill is not only cool. She has bionic feet.

« « Good Humor Girl    |    PROMPTuesday #27: Trippin’ » »

On October 20th, 2008, csquaredplus3 said:

You look great! Your skin is glowing, and your brother look like you came from the same recipe.

I TOLD you about the shoe thing. Running shoes with EVERY outfit. Can’t wait to read more!

Welcome home brave flygirl!

On October 20th, 2008, Kizz said:

I like you back. I don’t think we need to delve into reasoning.

Jill has NYC feet. Yours will toughen up when you COME BACK!

On October 20th, 2008, Steph said:

You look fabulous! Also? I’m jealous of your trip. And glad you made it home safely. :)

On October 20th, 2008, KD @ A Bit Squirrelly said:

What great pictures! So glad your plane ride was uneventful and your trip was exciting!

On October 20th, 2008, foradifferentkindofgirl said:

Looks like your trip had some truly spectacular moments! You can definitely tell you and your brother are related – you share the same fabulous smile!

On October 20th, 2008, mommypie said:

Yay! You made it! Great pics — you look gorgeous! Glad to have you back! Exclamation Point! In case! You missed! The enthusiasm!!

On October 20th, 2008, feathermaye said:

Welcome home! It seems I was just getting to know you and then you were gone. But you came back! (Wow. This must be how a toddler feels. Moving on…)

On October 20th, 2008, we_be_toys said:

Just thinking of walking all over NYC makes MY feet hurt! Brown, Schrown – if they were comfy, fashion be damned!

Glad you had a good time and made it through the airplane ride – both times!!

On October 20th, 2008, Me said:

Woo Hoo! Good for you! You are my hero for getting on that plane there and back! Don’t you feel great?!?

On October 20th, 2008, Melanie @ MelADramatic Mommy said:

Glad you’re back and that you had a good time. Bummer the cute black shoes from Nordy’s weren’t comfortable but you’re wearing the shirt!

On October 20th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

so glad you’re back! great pictures of you – you’re gawgeous! also, your brother is adorable.

hope you had a blast and i can’t wait to hear more about it! :)

On October 20th, 2008, Auds at Barking Mad! said:

So glad to see you survived the flights – BOTH of them, to have what looks like a wonderful time in NY.

Welcome Home!

On October 20th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

Welcome home, brave one!

On October 20th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Welcome home. You don’t look demented, you look faboo!

On October 20th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Wait! Do I see a gremlin on the airplane wing?

On October 20th, 2008, myra said:

But you wore the black jacket. Very nice. ;) Looks like an incredible trip!

On October 20th, 2008, g said:

Wow, welcome back to California, and it looks like you had a marvelous time!!!!

Can’t wait to hear the stories!

On October 20th, 2008, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

Boy do you and your bro look alike!

I’m glad you had a great time–can’t wait to hear more details Thursday night.

On October 21st, 2008, tinsenpup said:

Agh! You did it! Twice! You look gorgeous, too.

On October 21st, 2008, pajama momma said:

You made it and you do look fabulous!

Huh, must be the baking soda. ;)

On October 21st, 2008, kate said:

it’s not just bionic feet, it’s got to also be the power of those boots. cutest boots i’ve ever seen.

On October 21st, 2008, Mamasphere said:

I see you partook in some drunk photography! Glad you made it home in one piece.

On October 21st, 2008, San Diego Momma said:

Csquaredplus3:
I half-listened to your advice! I brought the comfy shoes, but they weren’t sneakers!

Kizz said:
Loved meeting with you!

Steph:
Maybe next trip will be to Houston!

KD:
Thanks! I never did manage to get your recommended mascara before my trip!

FADKOG:
We also share the same nose!

Mommypie:
Did I tell you how I clutched your angels medal the whole way (until I dropped it right before my return flight landed…I think the angels wanted it back for the next person. I never did find it again :(.

Feathermaye:
I feel like a toddler right about now, so we’ve got something in common (I CANNOT WALK!!!!!)

We_be_toys:
Although I had a great time, if I think of the walking again, my feet pound.

Me:
I do feel great! (And tired.)

Mel:
I’ll put the Nordy’s shoes to good use in San Diego!

Matteroffactmommy:
Can’t wait to tell you all about it.

Auds:

I was also very thrilled about the flight survival part!

Da Goddess:
As always, thx for the support.

Cheri:
How about fabomented?
And I tried VERY HARD to not imagine that damn gremlin.

Myra said:
Thanks for the “get a good bag and jacket” advice. I totally took it.

On October 22nd, 2008, ilinap said:

First of all, you look fabulous. Secondly, everyone in NY has bionic feet. How do they wear such insensible shoes everywhere?!

On June 22nd, 2009, San Diego Momma » Blog Archive » Monster on My Wing said: