Vicodin Makes Men Sweet

April 4th, 2008

The Rock got de-rocked today and after four Vicodin, he felt a little woozy.

He has this thing where he’s convinced he’s immune to anesthesia because when he was 5 the novacaine didn’t work and he felt his tooth being pulled. So today, the same thing happened: he felt sharp probing objects down there (THAT part didn’t happen with the dentist) and the doctor kept giving him Vicodin so he would relax.

So I pick him up and he’s convinced that he is still unaffected by the medication. And I’m trying to tell him that he’s all “drawly” and he says that’s not a word and to say “slurring” and I say I’m a writer and I’m allowed to make up words if they should be words and we go on like this until he stops me with a sober, “I’m mad at the doctor.”

He said it so petulant and child-like that I burst out laughing.

No really,” he sulked. “I’m mad at the doctor.

I stopped laughing. This must be serious. I ask, “Why, honey?”

The Rock’s frown deepened.
Because he didn’t ask to see pictures of our kids,” he pouted.
Then, with a heavy sigh:
And now he’ll never know how cute they are.”

So is it the Vicodin or is this what happens to men after they’re neutered?

« « Taking It Down    |    Wherever You Go, There You Are » »

On April 4th, 2008, Christine @ Serenity How? said:

When my hubs had the big V he acted pretty normal. I was amazed. Then later it became obvious that he didn’t remember a thing. I wish I’d thought of something crazy to tell him he did. :)

On April 4th, 2008, Momma Mary said:

Awww.. how sweet. And funny. My DH hasn’t had that done. We’re waiting until after number 2. But he did have PRK done on his eyes. The big V could be pretty funny up in here!

On April 5th, 2008, myra said:

i’m going to place a vote for the neutering, because once the effect of the vicodin is gone, and then all bets are off. here’s to the sweet, neutered men of the world. :)

On April 6th, 2008, simplypink said:

Drugs. When mine went under the knife the nurse commented that he was a cheap drunk. He slurred, slept and repeated the SAME thing over and over. I laughed at him. Thankfully he doesn’t remember it.

On April 6th, 2008, SeaBird said:

HA HA HA, oh, this is hilarious!! I’ll have to be on the lookout – we’re contemplating the same thing soon….

On April 7th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

LOL! this is the type of response that any man gives after any medical procedure, no matter how minor or major. my husband had lasik surgery back in 2000. on the way out of the building, he must have told me he loved me 87 times in a very weak and weepy (wimpy) voice. i just laughed. was that bad?

On April 7th, 2008, sandiegomomma.com » Blog Archive » This Could Make Me Look Good(er) said:

[…] Anyway. Because I like to check out the sites of my commenters, and worship them from afar, and pretend they’re my best friends, I went to Myra’s site and was promptly wowed, the likes of which I’ve never been wowed since I met my husband (He reads this. I have to throw him a bone, heh heh! A bone. That’s extra funny after the “V.” […]