Drafts and Minutiae

April 20th, 2011

I don’t know why, but I thought of this today:

There was a field. Long green grass, not the tickly kind. The hushed whoosh of water off in the vast distance. Skies with wispy clouds, for imagining animals. Yes it was quiet, but still flush with sounds beneath the surface, a gopher digging, a cicada buzzing, a flower budding. I needed to sit and so I did, then stretched my legs and arms out in the way you do when you’re tired and open.

Must be a reason right?

Also more things:

I had a great night last Saturday at this San Diego chiropractic office. More on why later, but there were many fabulous blogger people there who I now love. Plus, I had my spine evaluated and its jack-upedness explained a lot about my jack-upedness.

In other news, I’ve begun to write for a site called Tree, and it is good. Sometimes though with all this writing my brain cries uncle, and I just keep going. It’s a good lesson, keeping going.

In more other news, today my mom would have been 70. I buried that information way down here because sometimes I think I malcontent too much about her death and should get over it already. Then I think I’ll get over it when I get over it. Or not. I’m just keeping going.

And to sum up, I can’t stop listening to this song:

Things are good though, I promise.

P.S. Did I ever write about the Kirby vacuum guy?

On April 20th, 2011, Kizz said:

Happy Birthday to mom.

On April 20th, 2011, Trish said:

Lovely. Yes, there must be a reason. I’m also finding it good to just keep writing. And? My mom’s birthday is coming up too. I lost her a little over 9 years ago. I will never get over it. And that’s ok.

On April 20th, 2011, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

It is almost the anniversary of my mother’s way-too-early death, so I know how you feel. Hugs.

Congrats on the writing opportunity.

On April 20th, 2011, Ferd said:

I’m very thirsty right now and I was just about to get up and have a glass of All Natural Simply Limeade, which I REALLY love! It makes me pucker and the tartness gives me a little tingle, then a smile, then a sugar high if I drink enough of it. It’s a special treat! So this next glass is for your mom!

On April 21st, 2011, unfinishedperson said:

Jacked-Upedness. Sounds like something my wife would say. I never had had the term “jacked up” before her, but she seems to use it for a lot of things that get her…well…”jacked up.” Can somebody be “jilled up”? Maybe not. That doesn’t sound quite right. :)

On April 21st, 2011, green girl in wisconsin said:

Tough about your mom’s anniversary–sorry.
Jacked-upedness. I am stealing that phrase and making it famous in Wisconsin, just so ya know.

On April 21st, 2011, Tim@sogeshirts said:

Hugs about your mom. I must check out your writing over at tree. Getting to the root of Jackedupedness is important. Gee that is fun to say and write.