Me vs. Nobody

October 8th, 2010

I have a nemesis. Sure enough, she doesn’t actually know I’m all up in her grill, but I’m obsessed. OBSESSED, I’m telling you.

It’s unhealthy. I know. I talk to my husband about her almost daily, saying “read this!” and “can you believe she said that?” and “who does she think she is?” and he says “OK, Buffy. Don’t get your Guess jeans all up in a bunch.” And then I go and pass a note to my best friend in the hall. And I don’t even look at my nemesis’ locker. Because it’s stupid.

I have to tell you that I’m not the sort of person who is a big bitch. I tend to attribute good intentions to people even after they’ve shat on me, and always think the best. I really do. But when I get hurt? I’m a locomotive of crazy.

And you won’t even believe what my nemesis did to me.

It’s hard for me to say. But…

Ready?

Yeah see…she doesn’t really know I exist.

I mean she knows who I am. It’s just that she doesn’t care.

I really really hate indifferent nemesises.

On October 8th, 2010, JenniferfromLaJolla said:

“Don’t make someone a priority when they only make you an option.”

I love that quote. I’ve been putting it into practice lately, which feels great.

And if that doesn’t work, try a voodoo doll–I hear they can be quite effective.

On October 8th, 2010, Sherri said:

You nut! This nemesis has you all worked up! There’s too little time to worry with her… and you know you are better than that… ;)

On October 8th, 2010, Mama Mary said:

I love Jenn’s quote above! But it’s hard to put that into practice, I know. Sometimes it’s hard not to obsess about people or situations like this. But really, if he/she doesn’t love you then she is not worth one ounce of your time or energy. Also, tell me who she is. I’ll scissor kick her ass.

On October 8th, 2010, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

Or are they “nemesi?” Hmmm.

Love Jennifer’s quote.

On October 8th, 2010, Mad Woman behind the Blog said:

I say tell me when and where and the girls and I will go kick some ass. You’ll become HER priority.

Whatchu think?

My talent: singing the MOST annoying songs from everyone’s LEAST favorite musicals.
Don’t test me. I’ll get stuck in your head and you’ll go MAD!

On October 8th, 2010, Natalie said:

I love Jenn’s quote. I do the same thing, well if nemesis is plural then I do it. I stress over people who don’t reply to my tweets, who whisper at work, whatever. I need to remember Jenn’s quote.

On October 9th, 2010, Ali @PickleSugarPlum said:

Great post, and great quote from Jenn…easier said that done, right?

On October 9th, 2010, stephanie said:

You crack me up all the time! You talk the way I think but try to hide it : ) I’m saying you’re bold, and I try to keep my crazies on the DL.

On October 10th, 2010, theresa said:

I so know how you feel! Why do we make ourselves crazy like this? I do the same thing.

On October 10th, 2010, Erika said:

I have lots of nemesises who do not know either!

On October 10th, 2010, Jennifer said:

Pssst: I have one, too. But she doesn’t know it, either.

Maybe we can get a two-for-one deal in therapy.

On October 10th, 2010, Morgan B. said:

I’m dying to know who she is!

I have a nemesis that I follow on Twitter. I have such a love/hate relationship with her.

The part of it that is hard for me to admit? As much as I hate her, I love the rush I get from it.

Oh, my secret Twitter nemesis, why must you torture me so?

On October 11th, 2010, green girl in wisconsin said:

If you have more than one, would they be referred to as nemesises or nemesi?
Nemesi sounds crueler.