PROMPTuesday #82: Is Almost 41

November 16th, 2009

horoscopechart-blank

I’ve long been frustrated by my astrological sign. As a November 22 birthday, I dangle on the cusp of Scorpio and Sagittarius, and oft wish to be one or the other so I’m not loafing about in no man’s land. I feel identity-less, especially when people say, “He’s such a Taurus,” or “Well, what do you expect from an Aries?”

Me? I’m neither one nor the other, not here or there, a little bit wishy and a little bit washy. Honestly, I think I’d rather be a Sag, because they seem so fiery and joie de vivre, unless you totally piss them off, rather than a Scorp, which…wait, is that the one you don’t want to piss off?

Eh, whatever.

For this week’s PROMPTuesday, write your own horoscope. Make it reflect your hopes and dreams, or go 180 and David Lynch with it. Whatever you do, make it yours. I’ll just sit here and wait. ‘Cuz that’s how us Scorp-Sags roll.

Please post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

First time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here.
Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

« « Now’s Not Good    |    Boot Jewelry! (Giveaway) » »

On November 16th, 2009, Mama Mary said:

This prompt sounds luscious. But given my anxiety ridden emotional state and my two deadlines for a few projects I’m not sure if I can get to it. I heart David Lynch though, and I’m also a fence straddler, between Pieces and Aries so wow, my post could read somewhat like a Laura Palmer diary excerpt if I really thought about it.

On November 17th, 2009, stoneskin said:

You, Mo, are going to have a fantastic day. This is your horoscope speaking. Or is it? Maybe it is your subconscious just having a laugh. Ha Ha. Today your neck is gonna stop hurting and you’re going to stop sulking about those minor arguments I mean discussions last night. You, my friend, are going to go home with a smile on your face.

Or are you? Ha Ha

On November 17th, 2009, Laurie Ann said:

Good morning, Sagittarius, for that’s what you are despite being born on the cusp. You, my dear, are firmly entrenched in your Sagittarian self (except for the occasional bout of jealousy brought on by that pesky Scorpion side). Today holds good things if you just take the time to sleep in a bit. Don’t you wonder why you’re always so tired? It’s because your fiery nature burns more fuel than other signs and requires more rest to recharge. But don’t worry about your carbon footprint; you more than make up for it with the joyous energy and warmth you exude. So tell the boss you’ll be late. She’ll forgive you when you spread your rays of sunshine around the office.

On November 17th, 2009, kate said:

how did you know i needed an assignment?

i’m going to prompt. be back later.

xo.

On November 18th, 2009, Crystal Ashworth said:

I also am a cusper – an Aries/Taurus cusp – born on April 22nd. I’m fiery and earthy. ;)

On November 19th, 2009, Stephanie said:

If you ever want to know how far you are toward one sign or the other, drop me a note w/ your birth date, time and closest city :)

I’m a Sag/Cap cusp myself so I know how it is ;)

On November 20th, 2009, San Diego Momma said:

There will be music, questioning, and answers, and poetry. Good friends, and those to teach you. And those to drive you crazy, also to teach you. There will be a journey. Rocks to search under on the way. Dirt, and signposts. Mostly, no signposts. You are a woman of unpaved roads. Keep looking under those rocks.

On November 20th, 2009, Shana said:

“Aquarius, good things are you coming your way. Keep the faith. And keep those wood floors polished… the perfect buyer is right around the corner.”

YEAH, RIGHT. I WISH.