Now’s Not Good

November 16th, 2009

Toots: Mom? There’s something I can’t tell you.

Me: OK. Don’t tell me right now.

Toots: Enrique tried to kiss me last week at school.

Me: And?

Toots: I told him it wasn’t a good time.

Me: When did you tell him would be a better time?

Toots: Later.

Me: Like later this year? Or later in 2025?

Toots: I KNEW I shouldn’t have not told you!

(We had more conversation about this particular topic. And I’m pretty sure I blew it.)

« « Sunday’s Music    |    PROMPTuesday #82: Is Almost 41 » »

On November 16th, 2009, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

I hate it when reverse psychology reverses.

On November 16th, 2009, slouchy said:

LOL!

On November 16th, 2009, Mama Mary said:

I absolutely love and hate this post. It is so youthful and innocent, yet bordering on the cusp (almost like your horoscope) of danger and mix tapes. I’m not sure if it’s this post or my period and the fact that my 17 mo just splattered tomato soup on me and my walls but I want to cry and laugh. Hard.

On November 16th, 2009, Melanie @ Mel, A Dramatic Mommy said:

Oh man. Right now, my son thinks girls are yucky. But one day I fear he’s going to turn into an Enrique. Hopefully not soon (dear Lord, please not soon).

On November 17th, 2009, Theresa said:

I shared this story with my 7 year old, who told me “I have a boyfriend”…first I’ve heard of it…I guess she had one in Kinder as well…also news to me…I swear I am NOT drinking in the laundry room or dancing at the clubs, so why am I missing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On November 17th, 2009, MissM said:

My girl tells me all the time that “It was so cool! You shouldn’t have been there!!” Uh, you mean SHOULD have? Kids!

At least she told him to buzz off right?

On November 18th, 2009, Green Girl in Wisconsin said:

Oof. That is too soon. not a good time.

On November 19th, 2009, Renee said:

I think it is great that she told you so that you can start the conversation. How funny that she said “not a good time.” I am sure I won’t find it funny when my son comes home with a similar story but I’ll laugh now and cry later. :-)