PROMPTuesday #67: Two for One

August 3rd, 2009

I’m going for two prompts today because I can’t make up my mind. Truth told? Ambivalence follows me in many aspects of my life…and it’s hard for me to settle on just one thing…always (and THAT’S the one constant). So to honor rather than decry my wobbling, I’m bequeathing double prompts. Choose one or do both. (Both would be super cool.)

The first:

A small church brings in a new pastor. He’s fresh out of ministry school and is determined to lead this church to salvation. As he reviews old records, he finds that this little town holds a secret that they don’t want known. What is the secret?

The second:

What is iconic you? Do you have a signature “something” that defines you? Describe it and write why it encapsulates you so well.

Please post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

And also — First time to PROMPTuesday? Welcome! Read a bit about this weekly writing exercise here.

(Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.)

(Note: The first prompt came to me from somewhere, someone long ago. I can’t recall its origins, but it’s way too good to let slip into nothingness.)

« « Simply Wonderful    |    The Tip of the… » »

On August 4th, 2009, De @ An Indigo Virgo said:

I tried one, which is here.

On August 4th, 2009, Sandra said:

Hello Family Blogger,

My name is Sandra Perez Brucker I am a teacher at a new Charter School called Xara Garden School in the Allied Gardens area. I have come across your blog and I it seems like your readers would enjoy learning about our school as an alternative educational environment. It would be wonderful if you could inform your readers about our school so we can have some more exposure to the San Diego community.
Here is some information about our school:

The schools of the Xara will bring together the best new ideas in:

developmental and positive psychology

neuroscience and brain-based learning

inquiry-, project- and problem-based learning

multi-disciplinary, integrated curriculum

environmental sciences and sustainability

place-based learning and ecoliteracy

servant-leadership and service-learning

multi-lingual, international education

design, and the physical and digital arts

Here, it all starts in a garden.

For more information visit our website: http://xaraschools.org/default.htm

We would love to share more about our school with you. If you have any question please feel free to email me at welcome@xaraschools.org.

I hope that you can inform your readers about our school.
Thank you for your time!

-Sandra

On August 5th, 2009, DaGoddess.com » PROMPTuesday #67 - Duos of All Sorts said:

[…] hope I didn’t upset the scales of propriety too much this week with my answers. If I did, well, fuck it. Not to be rude to Debbie or any of her […]

On August 5th, 2009, Da Goddess said:

Sorry for my potty mouth, Deb! Smooches and hugs for you and your readers and a big old bar of soap for me.

On August 6th, 2009, g said:

So why can’t I get to these lately? so sorry – but I am reading yours.

On August 7th, 2009, Stephanie said:

For the first one, my I present my novel? ;)

On August 7th, 2009, Stephanie said:

Didn’t think about this until I posted my comment but yes, I think I will do just that. So I made my URL the Amazon page for the first chapter download ;)