I’ve Said It Before and I’ll Say it Again

Why haven’t bathing suit designers realized that if they’d only lobby against the sale and manufacture of florescent lighting, they’d sell a hell of a lot more bathing suits?

There should be lobbyists on Capitol Hill. Yea, I see it now: shade-walking flabby 30-somethings, sweaters tied around their waists, who never use public restrooms. What a formidable lot.

P.S. I’m pissy this week.

11 Responses to “I’ve Said It Before and I’ll Say it Again”

1. Grace says:

Yes. I’m with you on this one. Bathing suit shopping never turns out to be any fun.

2. What they should really do is get us drunk before they let us try on suits.

3. MommyTime says:

You said it, sister. Also, they should get rid of the *overhead* flourescents, which never make anyone look good, and instead put side lights down the mirrors, which is very flattering.

4. mary says:

no kidding! we have a store close by that gets virtually all of my wardrobe money…b/c they have flattering lighting, they tilt their mirrors just enough that you look thinner, and they size down their clothing. So if you wear a 6, the size for them is a 4. They sell to everyone I know b/c UNDERSTAND!

5. i just grab a shitload of them, bring them home and try them on in the dark. HA! seriously, i don’t even bother trying them on in the store. if i get them home and hate them, i return them and buy a bigger size and try again. :)

6. Crystal says:

I just wear a moo-moo and call it good. :)

7. Blognut says:

You’re on to something here.

8. So true. Where are all the marketing people on this one?

9. MissM says:

I’m pissy too. In my maternity bathing suit.

10. Suzanne says:

I hear you. Last weekend I went into a dressing room to try on a dress and swear that I gained 30 lbs in the short walk from the store in the little room. Maybe it’s the lighting or those fun house mirrors they have on the walls.

11. Why can’t they create a suit that magically transforms one from troll to princess? I want one of those. Desperately. Until that happens, I’d settle for looking slightly less disgusting. (I’m not going to stop wearing a suit though — I refuse to give in to that temptation!)