News Bulletin

May 8th, 2009

addledcrazeehead

Thanks Tonya. My one true self has never been rendered so perfectly. It’s what my brain would look like if I wore it on the outside.

I wish I could say I have a San Diego Mom’s Nite Out update just waiting for me to finishing touch it before I post, but that would be a dirty and baldfaced lie.

No, instead, last night’s pics are languishing on my camera’s memory stick as I fight to keep these eyelid-propping toothpicks from coming loose and severing my corneas.

There are so many people to thank and greet and chum up to, and I will get to that, I will, complete with photographic representation, but for now, my daughter has instructed me to look “flowery” for her preschool Mother’s Day tea at noon and I really gotta get on that.

(I’m hoping “flowery” isn’t synonymous with “showery.”)

On May 8th, 2009, Blognut said:

Geez! Get a shower, will ya’?

I totally came over here looking for pictures from the fabulous event that I couldn’t attend… because I am a glutton for punishment and I wanted to wallow in my excluded misery… and because I just really wanted to see the pictures. :0)

On May 8th, 2009, Danielle said:

Hmmm I wish my daughters school was having a Mothers Day Tea. We are having a “pampering day” that includes a package called “Hair Like You’ve Never Imagined”. I wonder what I will look like when I leave there after my 4 year old does my hair.

On May 8th, 2009, stoneskin said:

You could replace the toothpicks with chrysanthemums?

On May 8th, 2009, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

Ya did good last night!

On May 8th, 2009, Da Goddess said:

Last night was great! I’m languishing, too. Photos are tucked safely in the camera because I’m not allowed to do anything with them yet. I’m pooped!

On May 8th, 2009, vodkamom said:

wait- was there a party without me? God DAMMIT. I miss everything.

On May 8th, 2009, * TONYA * said:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. I can’t believe you posted the pic. I was so going to post it on my blog but instead you’ll be finding a picture of your ever so beautiful shoe and pedicured foot … I’m not kidding. It’s going up shortly ha ha.

I had a great night, it was so much fun, you girls outdid yourselves putting it all together.

On May 8th, 2009, Green Girl in Wisconsin said:

Hope your tea was as fun as your girls night out!

On May 8th, 2009, g said:

Aw. Do you know that you look beautiful? In that pic? Yes you do look beautiful!

And I’m only jealous I couldn’t have been there.

On May 9th, 2009, kate said:

that’s a really good look for you. really. sorry again i didn’t make it.

On May 9th, 2009, Ferd said:

LOL!
What a picture!
I have so many comments, but I don’t want to be too crude a dude.
So I’ll limit myself to two.
First of all, if you were trying to do a supermodel pout, you missed it by that much. Though the tongue action was pretty good.
Secondly and funnily, the Hello My Name is Deb sticker right on your skin was an unnecessary invitation for people to look at your chest. They were looking anyway!
; )

On May 9th, 2009, MommyTime said:

Isn’t it funny how the kids have such strong opinions sometimes on our clothes? I was shopping today with my daughter (who’s three), and she had very definite ideas about which shirts were “good” or “not good AT ALL.” I did learn this: she like bright colors! :)

On May 10th, 2009, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

You’re so purdy. I wish Kate and I had been there to marry you.

On May 10th, 2009, banteringblonde said:

Ah but the flowery Mommy Brunch/Breakfast/Tea is the social even t of the year!

On May 10th, 2009, Jamie said:

Man, by the look of that shot, I missed an awesome time!

So, so sorry to have missed it. Looking forward to the pics. And to seeing you in the flesh. Sometime. Before I am bitter and old.

Damn. Is it too late?

On May 10th, 2009, Da Goddess said:

Hehehe, I have an even better photo of you. I’m holding it hostage until I receive one MILLION dollars. Hear that? MILLION. One miiiiiiiiiilllion dollars.

Bwahahahahaha!

Hope your Mother’s Day was fantastic!

On May 11th, 2009, we_be_toys said:

Flowery? Not floury? I could do floury – I’m like a magnet for the white stuff when I bake!
If only models could pose for pictures with such a wonderful expression on their faces! I like the humor that’s leaking out all over the page!
Go, be showered, flowered and beautiful – just like this picture!