PROMPTuesday #47: The Triumvirate

March 16th, 2009

Hi, and things have been hard. I’m waiting for my universe to right itself again. Or rather, I’m working to right it again, but meanwhile, I’m popping in with a PROMPTuesday.

Because gah, I’m sick of thinking about myself.

This week’s writer’s helper comes from Toasted Cheese, a website for writers founded and edited by my bloggy friend, Eden, who is awesome with a side of sparkle juice.

The prompt? Use in a story/poem: a skein of red yarn, a comb and a bottle of water.

For the new ones, PROMPTuesday, is a once-a-week deal where I issue a creative writing prompt and hope that people take it and run. PROMPTuesday submissions appear in the comment box below the PROMPT post for all to read.

To read PROMPTuesdays gone by, please click here.

« « Circles    |    Best Friend Salve: Apply Liberally » »

On March 16th, 2009, Chris said:

I’m just happy to see you. Sending you universe-righting juju. xo, Chris

On March 16th, 2009, Blognut said:

Ha! I was just about to send you an email! I’ve been worried about you, Deb.

‘I’m tired of thinking about myself.’ For sure, I hear you on that one. Loud.and.clear.

I’ll go think about red yarn, a comb, and a bottle of water, but I make no promises because my brain is mush and I’m busy letting a tiger eat me at the moment… or something!

xo

On March 16th, 2009, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Blog This Mom! RULES! I. Am. First. Boo-ya! Also? Not the least bit competitive, really.

No More Tangles is posted.

And, may I just say once more, BOO-YA.

On March 16th, 2009, Mama Mary said:

Can’t participate this week, just wanted to pop in and see how things are going in your world. And I love the phrase awesome with a side of sparkle juice. I may have to use that someday, but of course give you credit. Take care of you!

On March 16th, 2009, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Chris is so classy, Blognut is a tasty tiger treat, and Mama Mary is sweet. Me? First. Boo-ya.

On March 16th, 2009, stoneskin said:

Hey you, great to hear from you, hope things pick up – not sure what else to say as I don’t really know the situation at all but – great prompts, if I get a chance I’ll have a go with them.

On March 17th, 2009, DaGoddess.com » PROMPTuesday #47 - Triunes, Triumvirates, Trinities said:

[…] doesn’t look like there are any hard and fast rules this week, other than including the following items in a poem or a story: a skein of red yarn, a comb and a […]

On March 17th, 2009, Da Goddess said:

I was JUST thinking about red yarn! Spooky! You’re a mindreader, you are.

Hoping you’re slowly finding your way out of the fog, my dear. I’m praying for you.

On March 17th, 2009, Blognut said:

Done! Boo-Ya back atcha Cheri! You are very entertaining (and not the least bit competitive)!

Deb, I do hope your days are getting easier. As always, thanks for the prompt!
You still rock, my friend. Oh yes, you do! xo

On March 17th, 2009, Eden said:

LOL — I wrote that prompt. I do the odd# months (Jan, Mar, May, etc.) They were three things on my desk ;)

On March 17th, 2009, PROMPTuesday #47 « tiny little bits and pieces of me said:

[…] prompt? Use in a story/poem: a skein of red yarn, a comb and a bottle of […]

On March 17th, 2009, Karelle said:

I hope you’re feeling better Deb. You know I’ve been there not so very long ago so feel free to email me anytime.

On March 17th, 2009, g said:

Good to see you back Deb, we depend on you for PROMPTuesdays!!! I hope you enjoying this beautiful day.

This one was hard for me. For the first time I was stumped with the prompt. I think it was because what first came to mind was poem material, and I suck at poems, so I kept trying to turn it into a story. And it wasn’t a story. So with the laptop equivalent of crumpled balls of paper, smudged graphite, bits of rubbed-off eraser, that took way more time than 10 minutes, I have finally made a poem that approximates the lightning flash idea that first came to me.

Doves Today

On March 17th, 2009, Danielle said:

Thanks for the challenge this week. I did it but am not feeling great about the resutls…
Been thinking about you so I hope it’s all righted for you soon. (and yeah I just said righted…)

On March 17th, 2009, The San Diego Hermit said:

Took me longer than 10 minutes, but whatever … it was kind of fun to write (a new genre for me): http://sandiegohermit.blogspot.com/2009/03/promptuesday-47-triumvirate.html

On March 17th, 2009, vodkamom said:

There was a young lady from Yottle,
who seemingly lost her bottle

her grandmother’s yarn
was keeping her warm

but the comb was making her ….crap- I got NOTHIN’!!!!
dammit.

On March 18th, 2009, San Diego Momma said:

You are all great. Right when I think I have a favorite PROMPTuesday, you up the game.

Thanks for participating, for the great stories, and for your kindness.

xo-
Deb

On March 18th, 2009, Prompt Tuesday (okay, so it’s Wednesday) | DownRightFaith.com said:

[…] each week where she gives a creative writing prompt, then you write something off the cuff.  This week’s prompt is Use in a story/poem: A skein of red yarn, a comb, and a bottle of water.  Okay, so here […]

On March 18th, 2009, Jeanette said:

Here’s my story http://www.downrightfaith.com/weblog/?p=756

On April 14th, 2009, g said:

Mine’s finally up. I’ve been doing some historic research, so i couldn’t help but think about the prompt in terms of the people I was studying. I don’t normally write historical fiction. This was kind of fun.

I’ll read everyone’s posts tomorrow – can’t wait!

On September 6th, 2010, PROMPTuesday #47 « writing just to write said: