PROMPTuesday #41: Mashed Potatoes

February 3rd, 2009

This week (all exhausting day-and-a-half of it) has been rife with ups and downs, bumps and glitches, despair and redemption, so I’m making this PROMPTuesday akin to comfort food. That means I’m returning to a traditional prompty set-up, where I issue a situation and a word and you go to writer town.

Yes sir, I missed my good old-fashioned PROMPTuesdays (I DID have some of those, right?)

Let’s see, let’s see, what to do, hmmm……………………………………………………………

I’ve got it!

Today’s prompts are: “Hallway,” and “Will-of-a-wisp.”

(I never could keep it simple.)

So go crazy! (I don’t have the corner of that market, you know.) Mull over the random words I’ve provided above and write a story, or a poem. Or a song! Yes a song! How lovely. Or something else entirely. I’m all kinds of creative license over here.

Anyway. For examples of how these word/phrase prompts were handled in past PROMPTuesdays, check these out:

One Word

My First Love

I decided there would be no PROMPTuesday rules today, other than please post your submission in the comments or in your blog and include the link in the comments so we can read the goodness.

Meanwhile…Wanna catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive? It’s here.

« « Am I Alone Here    |    What Came Next » »

On February 3rd, 2009, we_be_toys said:

Simple I can do, with the mushy cold oatmeal that’s passing as my brain these days!

Hallways
are always
going somewhere.

Some, long and dark,
others, a lark
to discover what lies at the end.

We follow, we find
sometimes peace of mind,
sometimes a bit of a scare.

I know, I’m quite rusty!

On February 3rd, 2009, Danielle said:

The hallway, the place of a passing love affair. We never really stopped to talk; just pass each other with a slight glance and a simple hello. Even with those two minor things my heart jumps and my imagination goes so far past the hallway it is not even funny. Now I just have to figure out how to take my “love affair” past the hallway and maybe to dinner. This will require more than hallway hellos, it will require hallway conversation. A challenge, am I up to taking that next step?

Ok, my time is up litterally, I have to get back to work!

On February 3rd, 2009, Karelle said:

Here is mine. Sorry that it’s not very good.

On February 3rd, 2009, Blognut said:

Done. You made me think. I am exhausted.

On February 3rd, 2009, g said:

OK, I have mine up. It’s partly real, because I actually really really just walked this hallway, and it’s partly fiction, because I am imagining a different character experiencing it.

On February 3rd, 2009, g said:

OK – WordPress hates me. Mine is up but I can’t post the link. Click my name.

Deb – if you’re moderating, just delete my repeated posts.

On February 3rd, 2009, g said:

Hi, Deb – try my gmail addy – glennisw250@gmail.com

I think I spelled it wrong earlier. Sorry, I’m jet lagged.

On February 5th, 2009, tinsenpup said:

Here’s my humble effort.

On February 9th, 2009, DaGoddess.com » PROMPTuesday #41 - Miserable Bitch said:

[…] am I to this guy? No one. He doesn’t even know I exist. I’m some will o’ the wisp that drifts unbidden the hallways of his website. Who cares what I think? His work is his work. My opinion of it matters not. And […]