PROMPTuesday #25: The Wine’s Drunk, But the Memories Remain

October 6th, 2008

Would you guys bear with me for a few more weeks? I’m sucking, I know. It’s just that I’ve been so busy. (And you know, panicked.)

Annnnyyywayyy.

Here’s the thing. My mom used to collect wine corks from dinners or parties with friends, which she’d ask everyone at the dinner or party to sign as a memento. So when I inherited her beautiful Japanese lacquer cabinet after she’d passed away, I opened a drawer filled to the brim with dated and signed wine corks. It was the most awesome sight. Most of them also had a quick word detailing where the wine had been imbibed.

This PROMPTuesday, I thought it’d be cool if you described a lovely (or horrible, if you run that way) drink you shared with a lover/friend/enemy/etc. The drink could be wine or coffee or Jamba Juice. BUT, the drink should have been life-changing in some way. Share the story as a vignette, poem, one-liner, however you like.

And no rules. I’m way too crazed for rules. OTHER THAN:

Post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

Meanwhile, first time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here.
Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

Thanks for understanding my butt suckage. I’ll be put right soon enough.

« « In the Hopper    |    So Sue Me » »

On October 7th, 2008, DaGoddess.com » PROMPTuesday #25 - We Will Sell No Wine Before Its Time said:

[…] a memory of her mom, who collected wine corks that had been signed by hosts/hostesses. Oh heck, go read her story. It’s […]

On October 7th, 2008, Punk Rock Dad said:

Here is the story of a Rev, a Punker, and Hospital Coffee.

On October 7th, 2008, Green Girl said:

That is a cool way to document a good time!

On October 7th, 2008, robyn said:

I’m back! Here’s my contribution.

On October 7th, 2008, KD @ A Bit Squirrelly said:

Oh I LOVE that idea! One of these days I will have to get in on your promt! I will tell you that my two best friend’s birthdays and Purple Hooters (it’s a drink I swear) are responsible for the conception of my first born. :-)

On October 7th, 2008, feathermaye said:

I did it! Whooohooo, this is my first one!

I’m wordy. Just a warning. Here it is:

On October 7th, 2008, tinsenpup said:

I loved the cork story. Here’s my rather humble effort.

On October 7th, 2008, g said:

I’m there.

On October 7th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

Cheri at Blog This Mom! has PROMPTuesday #25 posted.

Thanks for hosting Deb.

Hang in there.

On October 7th, 2008, g said:

And you know? this was hard!!! I worked all day, and disciplined myself not to visit your blog so I wouldn’t be tipped off and think about it during the day – and then I went home and watched the debates and got all riled up…..and had to cool down to actually read the prompt and write.

Full disclosure – I write it in ten minutes. I spend another 30-minutes fucking with it (spelling, grammar, etc, but NOT changing the content) and finding a photo illustration.

On October 8th, 2008, vodkamom said:

sorry I didn’t participate. I’ve been sick (sniff, sniff.) I”m almost back to normal!!!
xoxox

On October 8th, 2008, San Diego Momma said:

Thanks Everyone! Love the new voices. So. much. good. writing. Why aren’t you all famous yet????

And we missed you Vodka, feel better soon.

Also, G: that you did your PROMPT in even 40 minutes is AMAZING! Great stuff.

Thanks again. I know I haven’t participated for awhile. Please still love me. I’m fragile.

On October 9th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

This is all good stuff, but I tell ya, PRD’s story about the Rev at the hospital kills me every time.

On February 18th, 2009, Fond of Snape » Blog Archive » The Wine’s Drunk, But the Memories Remain said:

[…] was originally a prompt over at PROMPTuesdays quite some time ago…somehow it got lost in my drafts and is now being recycled as a story in […]