PROMPTuesday #25: The Wine’s Drunk, But the Memories Remain

Would you guys bear with me for a few more weeks? I’m sucking, I know. It’s just that I’ve been so busy. (And you know, panicked.)

Annnnyyywayyy.

Here’s the thing. My mom used to collect wine corks from dinners or parties with friends, which she’d ask everyone at the dinner or party to sign as a memento. So when I inherited her beautiful Japanese lacquer cabinet after she’d passed away, I opened a drawer filled to the brim with dated and signed wine corks. It was the most awesome sight. Most of them also had a quick word detailing where the wine had been imbibed.

This PROMPTuesday, I thought it’d be cool if you described a lovely (or horrible, if you run that way) drink you shared with a lover/friend/enemy/etc. The drink could be wine or coffee or Jamba Juice. BUT, the drink should have been life-changing in some way. Share the story as a vignette, poem, one-liner, however you like.

And no rules. I’m way too crazed for rules. OTHER THAN:

Post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

Meanwhile, first time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here.
Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

Thanks for understanding my butt suckage. I’ll be put right soon enough.

14 Responses to “PROMPTuesday #25: The Wine’s Drunk, But the Memories Remain”

1. […] a memory of her mom, who collected wine corks that had been signed by hosts/hostesses. Oh heck, go read her story. It’s […]

2. Green Girl says:

That is a cool way to document a good time!

3. robyn says:

I’m back! Here’s my contribution.

4. Oh I LOVE that idea! One of these days I will have to get in on your promt! I will tell you that my two best friend’s birthdays and Purple Hooters (it’s a drink I swear) are responsible for the conception of my first born. :-)

5. feathermaye says:

I did it! Whooohooo, this is my first one!

I’m wordy. Just a warning. Here it is:

6. tinsenpup says:

I loved the cork story. Here’s my rather humble effort.

7. g says:

And you know? this was hard!!! I worked all day, and disciplined myself not to visit your blog so I wouldn’t be tipped off and think about it during the day – and then I went home and watched the debates and got all riled up…..and had to cool down to actually read the prompt and write.

Full disclosure – I write it in ten minutes. I spend another 30-minutes fucking with it (spelling, grammar, etc, but NOT changing the content) and finding a photo illustration.

8. vodkamom says:

sorry I didn’t participate. I’ve been sick (sniff, sniff.) I”m almost back to normal!!!
    xoxox

9. San Diego Momma says:

Thanks Everyone! Love the new voices. So. much. good. writing. Why aren’t you all famous yet????

And we missed you Vodka, feel better soon.

Also, G: that you did your PROMPT in even 40 minutes is AMAZING! Great stuff.

Thanks again. I know I haven’t participated for awhile. Please still love me. I’m fragile.

10. Da Goddess says:

This is all good stuff, but I tell ya, PRD’s story about the Rev at the hospital kills me every time.

11. […] was originally a prompt over at PROMPTuesdays quite some time ago…somehow it got lost in my drafts and is now being recycled as a story in […]