Will Blog for Free Medical Diagnosis (Anyone Can Apply!)

April 9th, 2008

So now I have a band of numbness radiating across my lower back, gas (I don’t think it’s the beans) and upper/lower quadrant pressure (feels like something is under my ribs AND poking my pelvic bone). AND, it’s not my husband.

Anyone familiar with deadly diseases who cares to hazard a diagnosis?

And I don’t think it’s the Google ads that are raising my bile levels. Come ON! What keywords am I using that inspire mai$ 0rd3r bride ads?

p.s. Doctor referred me for an ultrasound, blood test and gastroenterologist, so it would be unfortunate to keel over in the meantime.

On April 9th, 2008, Jamie said:

Yikes.

Can I bring you anything? Babysit?

On April 9th, 2008, mommypie said:

Okay, because I’m a total hypo, I’ve had some experience with diagnosing medical mysteries. Try this site: http://symptoms.webmd.com/
I could spend all day there.
That’ll be $195. Please pay at the front.
(Seriously though, hope you’re doing okay. When are the tests?)

On April 9th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

you know, the waiting is the hardest part. myself? i have a couple of nodules on my thyroid, so the wait-time after each needly biopsy or ultrasound is what kills me. and i am the farthest thing from a hypochondriac. my nodules keep growing, so some day i will be THAT lady with the giant GOITER the size of a football if i don’t get it removed… but i also don’t want to be on thyroid medication my entire life either. thankfully, my blood levels are always normal. sorry, this is about you, not me!

everything will be okay, i’m sure! :)

On April 9th, 2008, Eden said:

Does it feel like a heavy spiky ball under your breastbone? Is it worse if you have increased fats? If so, I’d put my money on the gall bladder. Better that than Chron’s Disease. Gall bladders can come out.

On April 9th, 2008, Cheri said:

Sweet Deb~

Get thee to the doctor NOW. NOW. I’m not yelling, I’m saying really loud NOW. Don’t let them do that delaying thing, take the appointment we give you, pat on the head, bullshit. Go see anyone and everyone. What you’re describing, what you’ve been describing, needs immediate attention. Find women docs.

I’ll email you.

XOXOXO

On April 9th, 2008, aaryn b. said:

I’m with Cheri on this. If your doctor won’t see you, go to the emergency room and tell them about your pain. Thornton Hospital is really great because it’s not usually crowded. Seriously. Do not take any “nos” or “you’ll have to waits.” Be your own best advocate because the system will not do it for you. In fact, what would you do if this was your best girl friend in this situation? Your daughter? Act accordingly…

On April 9th, 2008, workmonkey said:

Sounds like you need to let a huge fart go. Gas can do crazy things to your body, especially if you are an Anderson and eat all the organic grain you do. I recommend a bean burrito and a night alone in your backyard. After the doctor confirms there’s nothing dangerously wrong with you, of course, as he will.

On April 9th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

Did you have an xray done? If this is nothing more than gas, an xray could point that out readily. For reals.

If it’s gallbladder issues, out, out damn spot! Don’t even bother with other “cures”.

On April 9th, 2008, San Diego Momma said:

Everybody!
Thank you!
Thank you for the advice, the input, the diagnosis tools, the probing questions and the fart instructions.

I appreciate it, I really do.

Ultrasound on Fri. Will advise. Will be embarrassed if it’s bowel gas buildup.

On April 9th, 2008, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

Don’t be embarrassed–be relieved.

On April 10th, 2008, Myra said:

sure hope you get to the bottom of this, and really – hope it’s just gas.

On April 10th, 2008, kendra said:

Okay, it can’t be anything serious. Let’s go with that. Maybe gall bladder. Yeah, that’s an easy fix. ADS for brides? MMM…somebody trying to tell you something?

On April 10th, 2008, Clink said:

I am hoping its some serious gas…really who gets to have their health insurance pay for a gas diagnosis? Plus the whole, non invasive/goes away thing it the best option!

On April 10th, 2008, Jenn said:

I hope you are ok and it is nothing serious.

On April 10th, 2008, pajama momma said:

I hope you are ok. For my own selfish reasons of course, I want to keep reading your stuff.

On April 10th, 2008, Momma Mary said:

I’m praying for you! I’ll be waiting for the update! ((Hugs!))

On April 10th, 2008, Cascia @ Healthy Moms said:

Good luck with your ultra sound. I hope you start to feel better. It sounds like your gall bladder to me. I had mine out right after my first child was born. It is a very simple procedure. I was in and out in one day.

On April 10th, 2008, Sophie said:

Friday? OK, I’ll check back. Good luck. I hate needles, too. I just look the other way — it’s the best I could come up with. GOOD LUCK!