PROMPTuesday #168: Auld Lang Syne

October 18th, 2011

Remember this song?

(You blocked out the graphics, right?)

Meanwhile…for today’s writing prompt…Let the music marinate a bit, and then write starting with this line:

“I hadn’t seen him since high school…”

(Feel free to change the gender.)

Please post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

First time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here. Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

On October 18th, 2011, Charlotte said:

Ok, here’s my first prompt tuesday!

Its just a quick throw together. There’s probably all types of grammatical errors so I’m going to apologize from the get go. :)

On October 18th, 2011, Everyday Mama said:

Seriously…I’ve known this song for years but have never actually considered the lyrics. Hilarious — “they totaled and bagged the groceries…” Makes you think about finding love over the roast beef in the market….Now with Facebook you already know everything about your ex-boyfriends but even then seeing them face to face is something different. I hadn’t seen him since high school and I’m so glad I didn’t give up everything I wanted in life to marry him at a young age :)

On October 18th, 2011, Aunt Snow (g) said:

Hey, Deb and all:

Here’s mine:

This one brought back some memories.

Oh, and the song? I didn’t know it then. But listening to it? I felt it was really…uh…condescending and kinda awful. Fuck you Dan Fogelberg, for condescending to your old high school friends. She’s better off without your self-centered ass.

On October 19th, 2011, Fond of Snape » Blog Archive » PROMPTuesday said:

[…] San Diego Momma has a wonderful writing exercise called Prompt Tuesday. I’ve particpated a couple times and when I saw the latest prompt on Aunt Snow’s blog, I was completely inspired! Lately, my blog mojo has been severely depleted…and I can’t say that this will change. I miss (and regret losing) my readers, but I can’t seem to make myself write! In this instance, tho, it was quite easy. Without further ado: […]

On October 19th, 2011, Janet said:

LOL @ Aunt Snow’s comment about the song. She’s right, although when I first heard this song, one snowy day driving into Harvard Square, it made me sad. Still does. Anyway, here’s my take on your prompt!

PROMPTuesday #168

On October 19th, 2011, julie gardner said:

That song is from THIRTY YEARS AGO?

Holy crap. I’m old.