PROMPTuesday #146: Books as Life

March 22nd, 2011

Today? This is your creative writing prompt mission:

If you could live within any book for a week, which one would it be?

Please post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

First time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here. Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

« « Be You    |    The Gift of Reading » »

On March 22nd, 2011, JenniferfromLaJolla said:

Party Out of Bounds: The B-52’s, R.E.M., and the Kids Who Rocked Athens, Georgia By Rodger Brown

This is my way of admitting that I’d really like to go back in time and relive my college days. This book takes place way before (way before) I was in Athens, but there is no book that chronicles the mid-late eighties, so it’s all I’ve got.

On March 22nd, 2011, Jack said:

Does this mean that I get to be like Gumby? I can walk into any book I want and live there for a week. Hmm…maybe I should pick that Harlequin romance with the 300 women who take care of the man.

Wouldn’t it suck if I chose the chapter where they were all pissed off with him and not the one where they all competed for his favor, a la Bachelor. ;)

Ok, got to get to work on the stuff that pays the bills but making a note to write something.

On March 22nd, 2011, melissa said:

wow, too many books. the most stand out one though…rebecca by daphne du maurier. that’s actually my favorite book, i couldn’t read another one for a long time after i finished it. i’m not sure about living in it though…hmmm, i’ll have to think about this. as usual.

On March 22nd, 2011, Deb said:

Hey there. Bending the rules as usual. Here’s the link to mine.

Thanks for the prompting SDMomma! Love you!

On March 22nd, 2011, Deb said:

Hey there. Bending the rules as usual. Here’s the link to mine.

Thanks for the prompting SDMomma! Love you!

On March 22nd, 2011, Carl said:

The complete poems of Neruda.

On March 23rd, 2011, Ferd said:

The books I have loved the most over the years are the ones that create a world that is foreign to me.

I would love to be actually inside the autistic mind of Donna Williams, as she describes it in her books, “Nobody Nowhere” and “Somebody Somewhere.”

I would love to travel through space to explore a new world that has two sapient species, one typically predator and the other prey, that had learned to live together in a weird culture, like in Mary Doria Russell’s “The Sparrow.”

But by far the best alternate world I have ever imagined was painted for me by JRR Tolkien in “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings.” I could live there!