PROMPTuesday #137: Zen

January 18th, 2011

zen-stones

Everyone? When is the last time you felt completely at peace? That all was right with the world?

Please share your moment.

And adjunctively (possibly and probably a made-up word), is there something you do to reach a zen state?

Kindly share your mantra.

If you would, post your submission in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

First time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here. Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

On January 18th, 2011, Getting to Zen | 3 Kids and a Breakdown said:

[…] this week’s PrompTuesday Deb asks When is the last time you felt completely at peace? That all was right with the […]

On January 18th, 2011, Trish said:

You ask good questions! Thanks for prompting a little introspection this morning.

On January 18th, 2011, San Diego Momma said:

Thanks Trish! Your responses always rock.

On January 18th, 2011, Jess said:

Thanks for the prompt Deb.

On January 19th, 2011, Ferd said:

You know, there actually are moments that I feel all’s well in the world. Moments when everything looks positive, feeling peaceful and joyful inside. When they happen, I slow down and just enjoy them, because I know they don’t last long. I don’t know why they happen. It’s usually on a day off, without the stress of life and death. It’s usually when I’m well-rested, have something to look forward to, have no pressing commitments or appointments, and no big huge issues with family. But sometimes I feel that bliss even when there ARE issues going on, so I don’t really get why I feel that peace sometimes. Maybe it has to do with growing older and living the 12 step thing. You know, the one day at a time, Serenity Prayer, good self care, do something nice for others kind of thing.

On January 19th, 2011, green girl in wisconsin said:

The other day someone told me she says a Bible verse, adding one word each time (kind of the like Bingo song)–“Be” “Be Still” “Be Still and” ….until she gets to “Be still and know that I am” and she finds herself all calmed down. I think I’m going to try it.

On January 19th, 2011, San Diego Momma said:

I thought about this all night. Wondering about the last time I truly felt at peace — it so happens out on the water — but it’s been awhile since I’ve been to the ocean.

I thought I wouldn’t come up with something. And believe me, I racked my brain. From 2AM to 4AM especially.

When finally, it came to me. It wasn’t romantic, or particularly zen, but the last moment I felt complete peace was late December, sitting legs akimbo on the couch with my husband, with the kids wrapped in blankets at our feet, eating messy popcorn and watching a movie.

Simple. So I suppose it is kinda zen after all.

On January 19th, 2011, Jack said:

Should I be concerned that I cannot remember the last time that I felt relaxed and completely at peace.

That is rhetorical.

On January 21st, 2011, MomZombie said:

I wrote this post on Tuesday — I swear. But various un-Zen things like packing, panic and plane travel in the age of paranoia have prevented me from publishing. Stay tuned.