This’ll Be Quick…

June 10th, 2010

So first day of summer vacation yesterday and…

…Is it August 25 yet?

Not that I don’t love hanging with my kids, because I do, but when you work from home? And try to fit in some of that work in between scooter time and dressing Polly Pocket for the 145th time? You start to wig out. And my wig is already out, so it’s crazy town over here.

From the second I woke up yesterday morning it was “What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? Gonna? What? Do? What are we gonna do?” And as I have three reports to edit…all backed up waiting for me…all with analysts sending me emails asking, “When will they be done? When will they be done? When will they be done?” it got a little…frenetic.

Suffice to say that I didn’t accomplish one, not even one, work-related item all day and instead took the kids to El Pollo Loco, then Barnes and Noble, then to the longest playdate ever in recorded history.

They went to bed at 10:30PM. (I need to adopt some sort of summer vacation schedule that doesn’t result in 85-hour playdates, a million dollars spent at the book store, and midnight bedtimes.)

Clearly, I am already in trouble. Maybe I should just take the kids to Disneyland and really lose my mind.

« « PROMPTuesday #110: DLS    |    Ten Things » »

On June 10th, 2010, Trish said:

Camp! Seriously, sign them up for as many weeks as you can afford. My girls love Camp Cahito in Balboa Park. Zoo, Sea World and the Y have some good ones too.

On June 10th, 2010, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

Have you thought about arranging a child-care swap with another WAHM? I’m sure you’re not the only one in your ‘hood.

Or you could start bribing them with quiet time BEFORE you hit the book store.

On June 10th, 2010, L.A. Stylist Mom said:

You. Are. Moi. Tomorrow is the last day of school here. I dread it. And I suck. xxoo

On June 10th, 2010, Cactus Petunia said:

Cultivate selective deafness. It’s gonna be a looong summer.
And check out my friend’s art classes at My Art Shed in La Hoya.

On June 11th, 2010, green girl in Wisconsin said:

Ugh, I’m still looking for balance here, too. They’re up too early, up too late, always want to be FED and ENTERTAINED and I’m trying to get work done!!! What’s a girl to do?

On June 11th, 2010, Da Goddess said:

Copious amounts of Color-Forms (yes, they still make ‘em), finger paints (outside use only), sidewalk chalk, and another mom to help out a couple days a week.

Oh, and some lemon drop martinis for you in the evening.

On June 11th, 2010, San Diego Momma said:

Thanks for the tips!
No offense, but I like the art classes and lemon drop martini advice best.
BUT the other rocks too.

On June 11th, 2010, Christina said:

Camp. alllll summer long. The rest I’m used to. I actually prefer summer (when H is in camp every week) because= no homework and he comes home tired.
If we were closer I’d offer to help you out!

On June 11th, 2010, JenniferfromLaJolla said:

Figure something out sistah because you and I need to have lunch! ;-) Maybe you can find a young teenager in the neighborhood to be a mother’s helper?

On June 12th, 2010, Trish said:

Thank you for inspiring my blog posts!!

On June 15th, 2010, Da Goddess said:

Next time I’m in SD (my goal: August…in time to see Crowded House at Humphrey’s), we’re lemon dropping like crazy ladies. I’ll bring LD and he can watch over the girls. He’s an excellent babysitter. Seriously. He’s certified and everything.