Here We Go Again

May 25th, 2010

Remember this?

Well it all worked out, thank the heavens. Seems Blue Shield read my blog and got me in touch with a smart person.

But now? A medical bill has been put up for collection due to an admin snafu and when I called the collection agency to dispute it, I had the extreme displeasure of speaking with “Ronnie,” a hatchet-voiced bitter customer service lady, who told me, “If you’re so upset about having this bill up for collection, why don’t you pay it?”

Well that’s why I was calling Ronnie. Because I’m saying I shouldn’t have to pay it. Oh? And also? The interest your agency charged me? Some made-up percentage of 10% that I should pay because? Why?

Then the phone went dead.

So I called back and she told me, “You hung up in my face.”

When do I get to deal with classy people?

And finally, CMRE Financial Services? I know you’re a collection agency and it’s your destiny to make people miserable, but you might want to tell Ronnie to lay off the bitch sauce.

On May 25th, 2010, Suzette aka MamarazziKnowsBest said:

I feel your pain, sistah!

I had such an encoutner yesterday with Expedia — I’m about to post the heck out of the stupidity Habib wanted me to believe is a company policy which equals extortion — and wonder if they train their personel at all.

Oy!

On May 25th, 2010, rima said:

Oh, man. Just READING about this made my blood start to boil. Whenever I have an interaction like that, I console myself by remembering that at least I’m not the one making those phone calls. Ugh.

On May 25th, 2010, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

I have gotten people official reprimands for that kind of behavior–even if some of the people they deal with are deadbeats that’s no reason to treat everyone as though they are.

On May 25th, 2010, Sugar Jones said:

I hate dealing with medical insurance claims so much that I usually end up dealing with the medical claims collections agencies. After the birth of the last two, I became a pro at dealing with Ronnies. I even started to talk with a voice that sounded like I had been gargling with pebbles and scotch.

I really miss those friendly conversations.

Not.

On May 25th, 2010, The Frugal Hostess said:

Next Prompt Tuesday = dialogue of a customer service experience

On May 26th, 2010, Maureen@IslandRoar said:

AAAAHHHH! But we don’t need medical insurance reform, right?

On May 26th, 2010, Trish said:

We are dealing with the same freaking thing! Blue Shield. For a bill from October 15th!! For about the millionith time we have been assured it’s been paid and is taken care of. Except that we got a letter from a Collection Agency and they are telling us we owe them!

On May 26th, 2010, green girl in Wisconsin said:

Holy crap–it just–GAHHHHHH!

On May 26th, 2010, Melanie said:

Customer service doesn’t exist anymore.

On May 26th, 2010, Cactus Petunia said:

And a government run health care system would be a disaster, how?

On May 26th, 2010, Stefanie said:

I know the intent of your post was not humor. But I have to tell you, “You hung up in my face,” has me guffawing and I don’t know if I will ever stop. Seriously. Can’t. Stop.

On May 27th, 2010, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

I love it when you share these moments, your thoughts, yourself. You are so open, so real, so you. You think what we’re thinking, feel what we’re feeling, and you say it out loud. You are the most loving real true good genuine person and writer. I love that your insides can be seen from the outside. Although I hate to sound like Joe Cocker ’cause he freaks me out a little bit (probably some eyeliner would fix that right up for me), you are so beautiful. So beautiful.

On June 6th, 2010, San Diego Momma » Blog Archive » The Lesson Isn’t Always What You Expect said:

[…] few weeks ago, I received an email regarding my blog — and me — and this post — that made me […]