PROMPTuesday #96: Where You At

I am a girl from Chicago

I shiver whenever the wind blows

It reminds me of when

The snow didn’t end

And snot flowed freer than fro-yo

**************************

I live in a town with moms

Sometimes it reminds me of prom

Who goes with whom and

what’s with the boobs

Jewelry parties go off like a bomb

**************************

The limericks! I can’t get away from the limericks! I think in them — weird, measured rhymes that haunt my days and bedazzle my friends. Where “bedazzle” equals “bewilder.” Or “annoy.” Right. I think annoy is more apt.

Such rich, rich prose.

So this PROMPTuesday, join me in my madness if you please. Write a limerick about where you live OR where you’re from OR if you’re especially limericky today…do both.

Please post your limerick in the comments OR post in your blog and leave a link to your blog in the comments.

First time to PROMPTuesday? Read a bit about it here.
Want to see what’s been written in the past? Catch up on the PROMPTuesdays archive here.

8 Responses to “PROMPTuesday #96: Where You At”

1. Your second one was genius. Sheer genius!

2. Stefanie says:

This did nothing to help my inability to not live my life talking and thinking like a Dr. Seuss book.

3. Wade Nash says:

A bored man from Rancho Bernardo
    Found life there to be quite retardo.
    He moved down to the beach
    And then met a peach
    Who had red hair like Lucy Ricardo.

4. Vixen says:

ahhhhh, limericks. I have a mental block when trying to write them. Don’t know why. Damned. I’ll keep trying. Will be back if I figure it out.

5. I love the limericks! Too bad I’m not that creative today. If I think of one I’ll come back and post it later.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

6. Wade Nash says:

Speaking of “Limericks” — can I please just recommend the book “Angela’s Ashes.” It is set in Limerick, Ireland in the 1920s and 1930s — and it is an awesome read. I am actually listening to the audiobook because of my limited “sit-down-with-a-book-at-home” time. The audiobook is read by the author Frank McCourt — and old irish guy who died last year. I think this book won either the Pulitzer or Booker prize. Can’t remember. Awesome!

7. flutter says:

LOL I just snorted.

8. Mama Mary says:

Fuck, you’re funny. (I too am a f bomb sister with you and ooph :-)). I’ll work on mine tonight in between Idol singers and my tweeting and my wine drinking. Fun night in the burbs. Wait a minute is that a limerick? If not, it should be. Let me work on it.