The Recapinator

November 25th, 2008

(Custom graphic hand rendered by Ray.)

I promise that this will be the last time I mention “40” colloquially. After this, it’s gonna be all “Age is just a state of mind in New York City. I know it’s crazy, but it’s true,” and “40 is the new black.”

No more 40 stuff after this.

I promise.

But first, pictures! (Of course, permission to reprint was not sought, nor granted.)

Destiny's Child

Party trio, in repose. Except for the one on the right who looks like a Real Housewife of Orange County. But less tranny, and more hotter. (GrammarCheck is on hiatus.)

Farrah and Pops

My friend, Farrah, and my dad, Pops, who sported the same three greasy fingerprints on his sweater all night, an overfilled cup of wine, and hyperactive kissy kissy face for all the ladies.

Bill, Etc.

Welcome to the wine counter. Oh. And there’s Bill, who I was horrified pleased to learn reads my blog, and role model her and fashion model, her.

Pops and Pop

Oh, there’s Kissy Kissy Face again. Singing “Your Cheating Heart,” which he requested time and again, only to be foiled by house host Mike (left), who earlier played “American Pie” on his guitar until Satan and the guy with the pink carnation could go ahead and dry that fricking levee for all we cared.

Me n Mel (tongue-free)

Here’s me and Mel. I really don’t appreciate her boobs completely overshadowing mine, but I’m trying not to be petty about crap like that now that I’m 40. Still, my claw grasp tells a different story. In addition, I like this picture, because it provides a timeline of events. I’m pretty sure it was before I sang “Theme from Mahogany.” I enjoy looking back at this reminder of more halycon days pre-opening my mouth.

DSC_0134.JPG

Me and the Bubbie, who goes by The Rock. I love him so much for planning this special celebration that I even allowed my unretouched chin to double for this picture.

There you have it. I will now commence turning 40 and three days.

Carry on.

On November 25th, 2008, PAPA said:

Happy, Happy Bday. You are glowing!!!

Glad to be reading you!

On November 25th, 2008, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

And a good time was had by all!

On November 25th, 2008, tinsenpup said:

Happy birthday!!!! I’m so excited, I’m going to smatter this comment with inappropriate exclamation marks!!! Then I’m going to go off and drink an entire bottle of red wine and stand in the backyard, screaming ‘Happy Birthday’ until the neighbors start throwing things!! Obviously I was going to do that anyway, but now I have an excuse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On November 26th, 2008, Midlife Mama said:

Looks like you had a blast. It’s wonderful that you have people in your life who love you enough to throw you a fabulous party for a milestone birthday such as 40. Not that I’m whining or anything, because no one threw ME a 50th birthday party this year . . . *sigh*

How was that? Feel sorry for me yet? LOL

Happy birthday! :)

On November 26th, 2008, g said:

Awww!! Happy birthday. Specially the last picture.

On November 26th, 2008, Karen said:

Too much fun! I have a year and less than a month to practice my “turning 40 gracefully face” – I might just skip it and “borrow” one of your pictures.

On November 26th, 2008, foradifferentkindofgirl said:

That looks like a damn fine time for turning 40! Also, woman, you make 40 look good!

On November 26th, 2008, Lori said:

Oh, what fun! You look LOVELY!

On November 26th, 2008, mommypie said:

Now I’m convinced not only are we twin souls, our dads are brothas from another mutha. Right down to the greasy fingerprints. ESPECIALLY the greasy fingerprints.

Looks like a fantastic time, unretouched chin and all.

;)

On November 26th, 2008, Elisabeth said:

Looks like a fun party. It is my belief that all parties with karaoke and greasy fingerprints, overflowing wine and kissy faces are fun.

Happy 40th! You wear it well.

On November 26th, 2008, kate said:

i’m so sorry i missed it. it would’ve been a waaayyy better use of my time.

On November 26th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

love the pics of your dad. love the pics of mel. love the pictures of you. thank you for sharing 40th birthday pics.

now… why the closed-mouth? did i miss something?

you’re gawgeous. i love you, and i can’t wait to meet you in person. which i will. someday… ;)

your favorite stalker,
matteroffactmommy

On November 26th, 2008, vodkamom said:

you totally rock!!!! I am so glad that is was a happy, happy day.

On November 26th, 2008, vodkamom said:

ya shoulda brought those damn HUGE boobs from your older post- remember those? Jesus, you woulda TOTALLY outshone Mel.

On November 26th, 2008, the mama bird diaries said:

Happy 40th!!

I love the greasy fingerprints. Awesome.

Funny blog.

On November 27th, 2008, Melanie @ MelADramatic Mommy said:

It’s only because you’re wearing black. You have nice boobs (note to The Rock: there was no touching). And my right one looks totally misshapen if it makes you feel any better.

On November 27th, 2008, SeaBird said:

Hahaha! This post cracked me up! Not to rub it in or anything, but I can only hope I turn 40 so gracefully… in six more years….

On November 27th, 2008, Ferd said:

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, The Rock rocks! That was a very nice thing he did! Thanks for sharing moments from your big party! It looks like it was fun, and YOU… LOOKED… MAHVELLOUS!!! I even liked both chins! ; )

Happy Thanksgiving, Deb!

On November 28th, 2008, Renée aka Mekhismom said:

It looks like you had a lovely time. And the boob thing – I have to agree that Mel has quite a rack. We met at Disney and her girls are certainly ones to be envied!

Happy Happy Birthday!

On November 28th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

What a fun party!

On November 28th, 2008, She said:

Happy Birthday! You’re gorgeous!

I just turned 39 . . . for the 5th time!

Your Rock is got some gorgeous blue eyes!!!

On November 28th, 2008, stephanie (bad mom) said:

Happy birthday! I know the feeling of trying not to dwell on The Big One but kind of wanting to, well, dwell the fuck on it. (Witness me in Europe for 2 weeks pre-40).

You’re right, Mel has fantastic breasts (can I say that? I really can’t wait to meet you all in person) but you seriously look fabulous in every pic.

Carry on. :D