Moving Up

November 10th, 2008

Saucy

Rebecca passed away this morning at 4AM. Same day, same hour as my mom 11 years ago.

I don’t know if you remember, but I often mourn the fact that I don’t “feel” my mom’s spirit. I’m happy to say that today, driving home from the hospital, I felt Rebecca all around me. I was like a balloon filling with air. I still sense her around me, and it’s such a good feeling.

Thanks for your kind words and support during Rebecca’s time in the hospital. All is well, all is well (something she liked to say).

Thanks again. Now let’s get on with November!

On November 10th, 2008, stef said:

from everything that you’ve written about rebecca, she sounds like she was an extraordinary person. i’m very sorry for your loss.

On November 10th, 2008, Vered said:

I am very sorry for your loss.

On November 10th, 2008, Steph said:

I’m very glad you could “feel” her with you, although I’m terribly sorry for your loss, of course.

On November 10th, 2008, Lisa Milton said:

I’m so sorry.

On November 10th, 2008, Kizz said:

What a weekend. My boss passed away after an illness on Sat night and Sun marked the 8th anniversary of my grandfather’s death. It’s a rocky time of year.

I’m so sorry that Rebecca is gone. I’m so glad that you got to spend some time with her before she went.

On November 10th, 2008, Lori said:

I’m so sorry.

On November 10th, 2008, Elisabeth said:

From the way you speak about her, it sounds as though she was as lucky to have you as you were to have her.

What a blessing that you were able to be with her and say goodbye.

I like to think that when our loved ones leave us they show their “faces” here and there…you never know when or where.

Maybe your mom was showing her face through Rebecca.

On November 10th, 2008, kd@abitsquirrelly said:

My sympathies to you and all who loved her.

On November 10th, 2008, ilinap said:

Oh Deb, I am so sorry. Your writing was so beautiful and moving the last few days. Now you have two angels looking over you, awaiting that best seller book.

And so November comes in with a sigh. Exhale.

On November 10th, 2008, PAPA said:

Best to you and your family. She looks like an angel…

On November 10th, 2008, Renée aka Mekhismom said:

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I won’t say anything cliche. I am just glad that you can feel her spirit around you.

On November 10th, 2008, Melanie @ MelADramatic Mommy said:

Oh hon, I’m so sorry. You did so much for her these last few weeks and I’m sure it meant a lot to her to have you there.

On November 10th, 2008, robyn said:

Deb, I’m so sorry about your dear Rebecca. You are in my heart, thoughts, and prayers.

On November 10th, 2008, Diane said:

I’m so glad you felt Rebecca all around you. My dad died 10 years ago next month and it makes me sad that I don’t feel him anymore.

I’m glad all is well. May it always be :)

On November 10th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

{{{HUG}}}

On November 10th, 2008, sandiegomomma.com » Blog Archive » PROMPTuesday #30: Over the Hills and Far Away said:

[...] (Painting by Rebecca) [...]

On November 11th, 2008, Janet said:

How wonderful that you were able to feel Rebecca around you…I’m sorry that you lost your friend, tho.

On November 11th, 2008, Last Place Finisher said:

The most selfless expression of love is to acknowledge another’s passing as it is a expression of love that can never be returned. By sharing those feelings, remembering Rebecca shall be a blessing upon all of us.

On November 11th, 2008, mommypie said:

Just now catching up on the past week. I’m so sorry to hear about Rebecca. How lucky you are to have felt her though! And what a fantastic life.

Big hugs to you, my friend.

On November 11th, 2008, Jamie said:

Deb. So sorry. What a spirit she has. What a strong, moving, compelling relationship you had. Seems to me, the power will continue to ride through you…

On November 11th, 2008, myra said:

I am so sorry to be reading this Deb. I’m glad you’re feeling her spirit. I have a feeling she’s going to stick around.

On November 11th, 2008, Sabrina said:

I am so very sorry for your loss.

On November 11th, 2008, She said:

She looks so full of life and love. It’s no wonder you feel her presence all around you!

I’m sorry for your loss.

But what a wonderful woman to have “internalized.” She’s now so much more a part of you.

On November 11th, 2008, slouching mom said:

i’m truly sorry, deb.

On November 11th, 2008, we_be_toys said:

I HAVE been out of the loop – oh honey, I didn’t realize that Rebecca had passed just this week – it was just the other day you were going to see her and bust her out of the hospital. I’m so sorry to hear her fire has gone out at last – she sounded like quite the firecracker. My kind of woman, that’s for sure. I know she took comfort from knowing you, and I hope you can take comfort in that.
Now I get why you have the painting – finally, I’m catching up!

On November 12th, 2008, Ellen said:

Deb, I am so so sorry! Peace to you and peace for Rebecca at last! and always for your mom. still remember where I was when you called me 11 years ago to tell me your news. xoxo