The Mouse Does It Again

October 13th, 2008

On the Way

I don’t care who you are, when you watch your kids light up at Disneyland, your black heart is sure to turn gray, and if you’re lucky, it might go completely pink on you.

I didn’t really feel like fighting crowds, to be honest, or waiting in lines, or missing nap times, or paying for water, or getting sweaty feet. But. Buuuutttttt….

I’m a sucker for kids in Mickey Mouse hats.

Pre-Park

Plus, Mom Select
(Hi, Natalie) and Disney PR invited some mommy bloggers to a “Family Media Day,” complete with park admission for four. So…what can I say? I wore Odor Eaters sprinkled with baby powder.

This Disney adventure taught me a lot about my kids. First of all, I saw firsthand the beautiful differences between the two. Booger enters moments and lets them drench her, Toots runs headlong right up to the moment’s edge, then pulls to a stop, looks down and decides not to jump.

Cinderella & Girls

Cinderella and Booger

Also, when Booger gets shy, she grabs her chin.

Snow White Meet

Sleeping Beauty

Also, no matter what I do, my kids look like starving pink hobos.

Messy Messersons

Still, they’re ding dang cute hobos.

Jasmine & Booger

I do realize that of the two, Toots is most like me. Here she is applying my life motto:

Love Me Even If It Hurts

If someone’s not paying attention to you, grab ‘em by the neck and choke the life out of them until they do.

I also learned a lot about myself on this trip. Number one: YOU DON’T KNOW EVERYTHING, SAN DIEGO MOMMA!

Pinochio

So, next time I’ll shut up when The Rock wants to take parade pictures, but I think photos without kids in them are boring and admonish him to focus on the people, not the parade, until I see the parade photos and think they’re actually not too bad and that I should shut up more often.

Ariel

M & M

So all in all, Disneyland can teach you an awful lot about your family and yourself. Plus, I’m pretty sure with that heart thing I mentioned earlier, it’ll make you live a lot longer.

The Impossible-to-get Whole Family Picture

p.s. Disneyland tip from the goodness of my pink heart: Get there early! And if you’ve got little girls, I heartily recommend the Princess Fantasy Faire, where they can meet the princesses up close and personal.

California Adventure Meltdown-in-Process

p.p.s. Disneyland tip #2: If you’ve got kids under the age of 3, you might want to bring a portable napping chamber. Meltdowns aren’t the stuff dreams are made of.

On October 13th, 2008, Angela said:

Beautiful! So glad you enjoyed the day through and with your family!

On October 13th, 2008, csquaredplus3 said:

Those are all terrific photos! I’m glad you all had what appears to be a wonderful time!

Gorgeous tribe you have there…

On October 13th, 2008, Kizz said:

That looks like tons of fun. I’ve never had a real urge to go to Disney but if I did I’d want to go with some kids just about that age.

On October 13th, 2008, foolery said:

When we go down to San Clemente to visit Gramma, we take the 405 freeway, even though Gramma lives next to I-5. Husband likes to think that it’s faster, easier, blah blah blah, but I know that it’s really because the kids can’t see the Matterhorn from the 405.

I’m a Disneyland chicken, too, but it’s coming up soon — maybe next year.

You have beautiful pink hobos, and they made me smile.

On October 13th, 2008, Melanie @ MelADramatic Mommy said:

I’m so bummed hubs and the kid didn’t get to go too! I’m glad you had fun and yes, let The Rock take more pictures. Those are great.

@foolery Ha! That’s a neat trick.

On October 13th, 2008, foradifferentkindofgirl said:

Oh, how I wish I was there! How I love the whole Disney thing! Your girls look as delighted as every child should!

On October 13th, 2008, Lisa Milton said:

*sigh*

We were there in April and I miss it already…

The kids had a blast, and I have to admit: So DID I.

On October 13th, 2008, feathermaye said:

Gosh, I wanna go! Some days I think I could use a dose of the happiest place on earth!

Great pictures. I’m glad everyone is having such a good time.

On October 13th, 2008, we_be_toys said:

Great pictures and some excellent tips for taking kids to an amusement park. Early is the golden rule with little kids, isn’t it? Glad you guys had such a good time!

On October 13th, 2008, deborah said:

That was beautiful.

On October 13th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

i love you.

On October 13th, 2008, myra said:

It truly is the happiest place on earth. We just got back from the Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. My heart is positively pink. I’m glad you had such a great time.

On October 13th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

You are so beautiful! And so are Toots and Booger!

It sounds like you had a great time!

I have to stop with the frickin’ exclamation points, but I am typing with feeling!

On October 13th, 2008, g said:

Oh, wonderful They look so delighted. And so do you, watching them!

On October 13th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

fantastic!

Although the kids have been back since (with their aunt and uncle), I’ve only been to Disneyland with them once. Mojo was 5 1/2, Little Dude 1 1/2. It was fun beyond belief. Even when it rained on us!

It really is magical.

On October 14th, 2008, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

I’m partial to the photos with the adorable little blondes in them myself. Happy days indeed.

On October 14th, 2008, ilinap said:

We just went to Disneyland for the first time in August. Magical indeed. My boys loved it, and contrary to what I expected, I loved it too.

On October 14th, 2008, MommyTime said:

What great photos! I concur on the nap chamber. At Disney World, our stroller did duty for both of the kids, taking turns. Without it, we would have had a quite miserable day.

And your children look nothing like hobos. :)

On October 14th, 2008, mommypie said:

Fabulous photos! Could Toots and Booger be any cuter? Holy cow, your kids are A.DOR.A.BLE.

On October 14th, 2008, workmonkey said:

Not to be an insensitive uncle … but who was playing Jasmine from Aladdin? And Snow White? I don’t remember all these beautiful women at Disneyland last time I was there .. Seems like a good place for single, childless guys to hang out.