Angel Gills

September 25th, 2008

Bulimifish

Breaking news bulletin (that I’m just getting around to posting):

Shimmer the Bulimic Fish passed away (last week). Currently, the San Diego Mommasons are pondering life, death, and whether Fish Heaven is an ocean or just a giant fishbowl (which would suck enormous tasteless fish flakes for Shimmer the Bulimic Fish).

There’s a lot of existential angst floating around here this past week. Also occasional bursting into tears. And death scenarios like “Maybe a burglar broke in and killed Shimmer.” And questions I don’t know how to answer properly.

More soon.

« « PROMPTuesday #23: TV Pilot    |    Baby, Come Back! » »

On September 25th, 2008, matteroffactmommy said:

sad news. and very timely! ;) which reminds me – i should get around to posting about how my daughter said her first complete sentence. 3 weeks ago.

i’m sure Shimmer is looking out at you lovingly from Fishbowl Heaven.

On September 25th, 2008, Kizz said:

OK, I can handle all the regular tough death questions but the burglar one? GAH! I just don’t know what to do with that. “Uh…maybe….but, I don’t think so.” That’s just not helpful.

Good luck. Sorry about your pretty fish.

On September 25th, 2008, vodkamom said:

“Don’t take life too seriously. NO one gets out alive. Not even the damn fish…”

On September 25th, 2008, Da Goddess said:

“God was lonely and needed a pet. Shimmer went to keep him/her company”

“Well, you see, it’s like this…um…it’s hot. Wanna go get some ice cream?”

On September 25th, 2008, kate said:

those fish-killing burglars? they SUCK.

sorry for toots and booger.

On September 25th, 2008, Jenn @ Juggling Life said:

I think I heard about the fish killing burglar on Channel 10.

On September 25th, 2008, Csquaredplus3 said:

I need to read your arhives so I can better appreciate Shimmer’s eating disorder. Rest in peace Shimmer – and for God’s sake – EAT.

I’m sorry…

On September 25th, 2008, Amanda said:

I am so sorry for your loss. Shimmer is definitely in fishy heaven. If all dogs go to heaven, then fish should count too.

On September 25th, 2008, Cheri @ Blog This Mom! said:

R.I.P. Shimmer.

On September 25th, 2008, Mami Jen said:

Ah the lessons learned in having pets. Death being the last and more confusing for both kids and parents.
My condolences.

On September 25th, 2008, we_be_toys said:

Alas, poor Shimmer – I knew him not, but I hope he finds his appetite in the great ocean of beyond.

(Such a shame that Shimmer couldn’t have had a near-death experience, or been reincarnated into another fish (hint, hint).

Sigh…poor Shimmer…!

On September 25th, 2008, Jennifer H said:

Poor Shimmer.

On September 25th, 2008, maggie, dammit said:

Oh….. no.

On September 25th, 2008, Auds at Barking Mad said:

CNN just had an interview with a little old lady from Pasadena who said that her neighbour had a fish burglar earlier in the week.

Nevermind, hubby just told me it was a fish BURGER! Oiy!

Deepest oceans of condolences to your little ones.

The Little Imp keeps asking for a fish. I don’t think we’re ready for that yet.

On September 25th, 2008, Melanie @ Mel, A Dramatic Mommy said:

Get them a puppy. They’ll forget all about poor Shimmer. Go with Triton Shimmer.

On September 27th, 2008, manager mom said:

Aw. Rest in peace, poor shimmer.

Am I awful to say I wish that our new fish, Fireworks, would hurry up and die? The Girl promised to take care of him to prove that she was responsible enough for a guinea pig, but I think the thing gets fed around once a week. I always forget until I see it doing that sideways floating kind of thing. And yet he always seems to bounce back…

On September 30th, 2008, Rick said:

No fish tacos in fishy heaven – probably.