- Christmas beach day!
- Carne asada French fries!
- Don’t you dare make fun of In n’ Out.
- Silk Stalkings!
- You have tank tops in colors not even invented yet.
- There’s an entire wing in your closet for flip flops.
- You wait all fall to wear boots, then put on every pair you own during the boot window of 9AM, November 21 to 2PM, November 21. Central Standard time.
- Your neighbor works for Qualcomm, your husband works for Qualcomm, you used to work at Qualcomm.
- There’s not a name for how blonde you want your hair to be.
- You remember when Fashion Valley only had a Nordstrom’s.
- You used to party in Tijuana, but wouldn’t be caught dead now on Revoluccion. Or you would, and that’s why you don’t go.
- You lived in OB at least once.
- You go black widow hunting.
- You kinda had a crush on King Stahlman.
- You still call it Der Wienerschnitzel.
There’s plenty more, I know. I’m not an indigenous San Diego gal, but I’ve been here so long, I forgot all about what it’s like to be a Chicago gal. Except summer street festivals. And fireflies. And cicada invasions. Plus, Ferris Bueller. And rooftop parties. Also, the Cubs!
I should write a Chicago version! Because Wiener Circle.