Hello, my friends.
I’m on a cliff right now. Hanging by my fingernails. But it’s so exhilarating up here! The wind is very refreshing and you should see the view!
Goodness, how I inappropriately love my stupid metaphors.
OK really, here’s the thing. I’m so busy (I edited yesterday from 10AM to 11PM. Totally true story. Then, the packing. (What packing?) Good question.)
Also, shouldn’t someone call SDG&E and tell them to turn the power on in our new place?
And what about the kids? Surely they’re sick of the Beethoven movie franchise and half-heated Mac ‘n Cheese. They probably need to get outside too. Poor Booger sat in the Starbucks with me for half the morning yesterday while I worked. And she was even well-behaved too! Right up until her head fell off from a tantrum seizure.
So what I’m trying to say is:
1) Most likely I will fall off this cliff and expect you to pick up the pieces.
2) I don’t think I’m wired to overachieve.
3) I still don’t have a dress for the wedding. (Thank you for the wise suggestions and feedback.)
4) It’s been awhile since I’ve penned a thoughtful post.
5) I don’t want to die (or be maimed) (or incapacitated) in a plane crash. (Or a car or train crash.) (I just don’t want to die.) (But especially in a plane.) (And super especially on my way to New York in a few weeks.)
6) I will read your wonderful PROMPTuesdays today. I appreciate the participation and always love what you write.
7) I put peppermint extract instead of vanilla in my South Beach oatmeal pancake and what a minty bummer that was. It was like a hot Mentos.
8) I can’t stay away from you, which is why I continue to write these ridiculous updatey interludes.
9) I love you. And I’m not even drunk.
Just a little lightheaded from the altitude.
How you doing today?