So obviously, I’ve veered from my typical PROMPTs these past two weeks. But that’s all part of being creative, right? Departing from the norm? Mixing it up? Puttin’ on the ritz? (I don’t analyze this stuff, folks, I just blog past my bedtime and hope it all makes sense in the morning.)
Either way, this week’s PROMPTuesday asks that you post about your favorite — or “most awesome” things. What do you love? What can’t you live without? What do you like to watch on TV? What are your favorite websites? What do you use on your hair? (This last one is a requirement.)
Address this PROMPT any way you like. Being open for interpretation is my bag, babies. Ideally, my aim is to post about things that others might like to check out or use themselves, but if you want to name your significant other as “your most awesome thing,” more power to you. Hopefully, none of us will want to check out or use him/her ourselves. But hey, you knew the risks.
On a more normal note, I really admire and love yutes guys. And I want to know what you like. Because I want to copy you and ultimately move in to your place and wear my hair like yours. Also, I’d like to know where you keep your stilettos. But all in due time, all in due time.
Meanwhile, here are some of my “Awesome Things.”
- Absolute Write
I joined the Absolute Write Forums in October 2006, and immersed myself in them. Since then, I’ve had to step away because addictive personality and all, but it remains a wonderful resource. Absolute Write answers absolutely any question you’ve ever had about publishing your writing. The forums also allow you to post writing snippets for critique (by genre), and users share information about agents, query letters, and much, much more.
ProDesign is hands down my favorite eyewear collection.
This designer’s eyeglass frames embody that cool European vibe, and if every pair of glasses I own could be ProDesign, all the better. I also like Fysh Nation, but their website kinda stinks (not easy to navigate or see the frames).
- Jodphur Tacks
Do you wear skinny jeans?
But in my fantasy brain, I get these to hold my jeans in place when I wear tall boots.
They work, too. Way better than holding your pretend skinny jeans in place with your real husband’s Costco sport sock.
- Terax Hair Conditioner?
Why you gotta sound like a video game from 1982? Sounding less faux futuristic-sounding would ramp up sales.
But I’m no marketing genius, as evidenced by the fact that after a year of operation, I’ve accrued $8.62 in ad sales from this blog. So ignore me. You’re great.
No, you are! Creamy. Rich. Moisturizing without weighing down. But what’s with the million-dollar price tag? Good thing a little goes a long way. THAT, my ColecoVision friend, is your saving grace.
- RENO 911 used to scare me. I remember seeing the previews on Comedy Central and thinking the show was a cheap Cops! ripoff. And it is. But like hilarious with a side of hilarious and some hilarious whipped topping with hilarious sprinkles.
Chocolate hilarious sprinkles.
- Man Vs. Wild starts a new season tonight (1/12/09) and its rugged star, Bear Grylls, is so manly dreamy you will not know what to do with yourself (or will you?). Bear says stuff like “vit- (with the short “i”) -a-min C” and “glaceer” (for “glacier”) (Mo? Is that pronunciation de rigueur in the U.K.?) and lives on a barge somewhere off the coast of England and hangglode over Everest. Also, he eats goat eyeballs and rotting elephant entrails.
It’s fascinating, steamy, and repulsive television.
My cup of pus tea.
- I Survived is powerful. Three different people share about their brushes with death and it’s raw and disquieting and affecting.
I love it.
- Juice Plus is the only supplement I’ve taken where I’ve noticed an appreciable difference in my energy and health.
The story is that the FDA began to distill whole fruits and vegetables into easily-absorbed powder in the late ’80s, and the pharmaceuticals lobbied to stop production of the resulting supplement, so a private company took over production and Juice Plus was born. Both The Rock and I take it (two veggie capsules and two fruit) daily and it’s made a big impact on our physical wellbeing. Juice Plus is also available for kids, and I plan to start Toots and Booger on the regimen soon. One mom told me that her kids haven’t fallen sick in the eight years since they’ve taken it. I’d like to see for myself if that’s true.
- Goodwill is one of my favorite places to shop. I buy 75% of my kids’ clothes there (recent purchases include two Naartije sweatshirts, Gymboree top, Converse sneakers with red “rubies” and True Religion kid jeans…all for under $10), and I also buy a lot of my clothes there (the store near me has a raftload of Banana Republic and Old Navy clothes). If you don’t live near a Goodwill, they have an online auction site, where you can bid on items.
- Parisian’s Pure Indulgence Facial Care
My 47-year-old friend Carolyn has the most supple skin of anyone I know. And she uses these homemade Pure Indulgence products. So, after a fit of begging Carolyn to hand over everything she’s ever used on her skin, she took pity on me and sent me samples of Kelly Parisian’s products. I love ’em. My favorites are the Vitamin C Serum and Sorbet Alpha-Hydroxy Cream.
Oh Lord. I have more awesome things. Way more. But I’m going to have to do a Part II, because Bear Grylls is eating a mutant spider/scorpion and he needs me.
But first, if you’re new here, read a bit about PROMPTuesdays here.
Or, catch up on the archive here.