This happens EVERY TIME! I get memed right when I need blodder (blog fodder) most.
First, Matter of Fact Mommy, asked me to list seven random things about myself, which I’m happy to do, although it will surely reduce you to sheer and utter boredom.
And secondly, Mommy Pie, my favorite ghostbuster, tagged me with a book meme.
So to start, seven random things:
- I tried out for Rock ‘N Roll Jeopardy: Oh my crikey, I use this every time someone asks me to reveal something about myself because it was sort of my 15 minutes of fame. Sort of, in that, I went to the Sony Picture Studios (home of my favorite show ever, Jeopardy) and sat in the VERY same seats as the studio audience and got to take a test to see if I qualified to be a contestant and it was all so very many kinds of awesome, but I failed the test (I didn’t know who wrote Yakety Yak) and that was that. Also, Jeff Probst hosted the show and at the time, I thought he was cute, but now he wears too many of those shell/tribal/ethnic necklaces, which looks disingenuous.
- I was stalked: I’m going to write a memory about it, but circa 1996 in Los Angeles, a former boyfriend stalked me for several months. I didn’t take it seriously at first, until he kicked my door down at midnight and put his hands around my neck and despite hearing my screams, none of my neighbors called the police. Not that it would have mattered, because even after several related incidents, the police never once protected me from anything he ever did, and were general assholes about the whole thing.
- I’m a hypochondriac: Certifiable. Seriously, I’ve had everything, from simple hematomas to complex disorders, like Wegener’s Disease.
But there really is something wrong with my stomach.
- I get crushes on tall, borderline-gaunt men with unusual facial characteristics, like say, a big nose or sticky-outty ears, and flat glutes: I’m sorry, honey. You’re one of them.
First, I fell in love with my husband’s calves (long! lean!) and butt (non-existent!). Then, his use of the word “saturated.” But that’s a story for our anniversary post. Other skinnies I’ve loved include Ralph Fiennes, Sam Shepard, and Bear Grylls. Also, this actor whose name I can’t think of right now, but he’s ultra-weathered and scruffy and he’s a character actor and he’s got an unusual-like name, dark hair and smokes in almost every movie. His name isn’t spelled like it’s supposed to be, it’s missing like a word you’d think should be there, or has an extra word that’s unexpected. Damn! I can’t think of it.
- I only like big dogs.
- I don’t prefer cats.
- My favorite color is blue.
I’m coming back to Mommy Pie’s meme. I don’t know if you can tell, but I suddenly have to go to the bathroom.
UPDATE: Mommy Pie knows me so well (even though we’ve never met…) and she correctly guessed that my brain freeze crush from above is Willem Dafoe!
It’s good to be known.
Leave a Reply